United Nations Summer Camp
The United Nations Summer Camp is a weeklong summer day camp for middle school students interested in learning about global affairs through the work of the United Nations. The program will give students an opportunity to participate in interactive expert briefings, games, and activities, while honing key skills and collaborating with their peers along the way. Participants will step into the shoes of diplomats as they work together to study the Sustainable Development Goals, learn public speaking tips and strategies, and make new friends while having fun! Students will work together on SDG Action Projects, empowering them with the tools necessary to be agents of change in their schools and local communities. The program will end with a full-day field trip to New York City to tour the United Nations Headquarters. This program welcomes rising 6th, 7th, and 8th graders, regardless of their familiarity with the United Nations or Model United Nations.
Throughout the week-long summer program, students will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the mission, structure, and function of the United Nations from our trained Model UN facilitators and expert lecturers
- Understand the role of diplomacy and deliberation in international affairs;
- Hone key Jr. Model UN skills like conflict resolution, problem solving and cross-cultural communication by participating in public speaking activities;
- Engage in team-building activities and practice digital literacy, researching, and public speaking through independent and group activities; and
- Explore real-life solutions to local and international issues related to the UN's Sustainable Development Goals.
Registered students will receive access to a curated pre-program resource guide that includes all the resources and materials needed for participation in the program.
To be added to an interest list for the 2024 United Nations Summer Camp, please contact Kate Whitman Kamara, Director of Education Middle School Programs, at email@example.com or at 215-561-4700 ext. 216