COVID-19 Health and Safety Policy for Events
Last Reviewed: February 2024
The World Affairs Council of Philadelphia (“the Council”) is committed to the health and safety of its community (including members, supporters, international exchange visitors, students, teachers, school group chaperones, speakers, staff, partners, and the general public (“participant[s];” “you”). The Council is ensuring that any in-person events, programs, exchange meetings, and activities (“event[s]”) follow all local and state guidelines and laws. We remain flexible and ready to adapt any and all in-person events to a virtual setting if needed.
- The Council does not require masking and vaccines for participants at its own events.
- The Council asks all participants to self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19, and that any participant who is feeling unwell or experiencing a fever (regardless of vaccination status or negative home test) should not attend the event.
- If a participant has close contact with someone who has COVID-19 but is not experiencing symptoms, and the participant is able to obtain a negative COVID-19 test result within 1-3 days after exposure and before the event, then the participant is still welcome to attend the event.
- If a participant has tested positive for COVID-19, the Council requests that the participant follow CDC guidelines for isolation and not attend the event(s) in person.
- If a participant is no longer able to join an in-person event due to illness or COVID-19 exposure, and the Council cannot accommodate his or her participation virtually, the Council will issue a refund.
- The Council’s third-party venue partners may have additional requirements for guests visiting their premises. Any additional requirements, beyond those presented within this policy, will be communicated to participants in advance of the event.
- If a participant needs to request any type of accommodation, please do so a minimum of 5 full business days in advance of the event. The Council does not guarantee its ability to accommodate requests.
- The Council’s travel program will continue to follow any guidelines and requirements imposed by its tour operators.
- The Council reserves the right to alter, change, or update this policy as needed at any time.