COVID-19 Health and Safety Policy for Events
Last Updated: September 16, 2021
The World Affairs Council of Philadelphia (“the Council”) is committed to the health and safety of its members, supporters, staff, partners, and the general public. The Council is ensuring that any in-person events follow all local and state guidelines and laws. We remain flexible and ready to adapt any and all in-person events to a virtual setting if needed.
The Council is requiring all individuals who attend in-person programming to be fully vaccinated (having reached full immunity).
Consistent with City guidelines, all individuals at the Council’s events must wear a mask regardless of vaccination status, unless actively eating or drinking while seated at a table. Individuals are required to wear face coverings properly, which means in a manner that fully covers the mouth and nose, consistent with applicable guidance.
- During in-person events, the Council…
- strongly discourages handshakes.
- encourages in-person event attendees to maintain physical distance from those outside of their immediate household.
- will not permit guests to remove signage from blocked seats nor move seats from their designated locations without explicit permission from a staff member.
- The Council asks all guests to self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19, and that anyone who is feeling unwell or experiencing a fever (regardless of vaccination status) should not attend any in-person components to an event. If you are showing symptoms, any paid ticket will be reimbursed and you will be invited to participate virtually, if applicable.
- Even if you are vaccinated, the Council requests that, if you’ve had close contact with someone who has COVID-19 and are unable to obtain a negative COVID-19 test result 3-5 days after exposure and before the event, please do not attend the event. If you’ve been exposed and have not obtained a negative test result before the event, any paid ticket will be reimbursed and you will be invited to participate virtually, if applicable.
- By attending the Council’s event, you will be asked to certify your health status and whether you’ve had any recent COVID-19 exposures. If you do not complete this questionnaire (sent via email ahead of each event and available on-site), you will not be admitted to the event and will be asked to leave without reimbursement.
- The Council will maintain contact information (name, phone number, and email address) for all event attendees for the purpose of contact tracing. As an event attendee, you are obligated to comply with any contact tracing measures taken should a COVID-19 exposure occur at the Council’s event.
- The Council reserves the right to alter, change, or update this policy as needed at any time.