Just as the media cover the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations’ hearings, student journalists report on what takes place at the Model Senate Hearing.
A journalist must:
- In the weeks leading up to the program, consider what interview questions you will want to ask ahead of time;
- Review the List of Expert Witnesses for your assigned subcommittee and identify which witnesses you would want to potentially interview;
- Carefully observe a subcommittee’s morning session, working lunch and afternoon sessions, interviewing and photographing senators and witnesses if time allows;
- Write an article summarizing the day’s events, and;
- Send a copy of this article to the World Affairs Council no later than Tuesday, March 10 (one week after the program) using your school’s shared Google Drive folder. Selected articles will be published on the Council’s website and shared with Council members.