Dec 10, 2019
The "Silver Tsunami": Healthcare and an Aging Population
Join the World Affairs Council of Philadelphia for an important discussion about aging and the healthcare system, and where it should go from here.
About the Event
Census data projects that 2030 will be the first time in history when older people will outnumber children in the US, and our healthcare system is going to have to find ways to care for the aging population. Two of the most important areas needing focus are the treatment of multiple chronic conditions of aging patients and the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. And with new technologies and medical practices that promise to increase the average life expectancy, the question of quantity of life vs. quality of life is going to come into sharp focus.
Join the World Affairs Council of Philadelphia, and our partners—IBX and PCOM—for this important discussion on a key facet of our healthcare system, and where it should go from here.
About the Panelists
- Katherine Galluzzi, DO, CMD, FACOFP Dist., Department of Geriatrics, Professor and Chair at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- F. Brad Johnson, MD PhD, Professor, Pathology and Lab Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- Daphne Klausner, Senior Vice President for Senior Markets, Independence Blue Cross
- Other panelists may be announced...
• Program: $20
• Reception and Program: $35
• Program: $30
• Reception and Program: $45
Students & Young Friends
• Program: $5
Want to become a member or register using your company's corporate membership benefits? Call Margaret Keenan at 215-561-4700 ext. 222 to take advantage of membership for discounted tickets to programs.
For the accommodation of special needs at events (e.g. hearing/vision impairments, dietary restrictions, wheelchair accessibility) please call Hayley Boyle, 215-561-4700 ext. 227 or Kristi Scogna, ext. 235.