May 11, 2020
The Frank and Cheri Hermance Atlas Award Dinner
HOLD THE DATE
The 2020 Atlas Awards will be presented to National Honoree Nadia Murad, a human rights activist and 2018 Nobel Prize winner and Philadelphia Honoree Jami McKeon, Chair of Morgan, Lewis & Bockius.
Hold the Date.
Registration to open soon.
About the Event
The Atlas Award recognizes an individual or group achievement in humanitarian efforts and continuous dedication to improving the human condition on both national and domestic levels, exemplifying the Council’s original maxim, “In a democracy, agreement is not essential; participation is.”
This year our national recipient of the 2020 Atlas Award is Nadia Murad, a human rights activist and 2018 Nobel Peace Prize winner. Kidnapped from her native village of Kocho in Iraq at the age of 19, Nadia, along with 6,700 other Yazidi women, became prisoners and slaves of the Islamic State for three months. During her captivity, Nadia was routinely subjected to physical and sexual abuse, before making a lucky escape with the help of neighbors. The founder of Nadia’s Initiative, an organization committed to helping survivors of war crimes rebuild their lives, Murad’s work has been dedicated to ending the deployment of sexual violence as an instrument of war and military conflict.
Our Philadelphia community honoree is Jami McKeon, Chair of Morgan Lewis. Described by Chambers as “phenomenal” and a “great strategist,” McKeon’s business acumen is the force behind Morgan Lewis’s professional presence in Singapore, China, and Japan. A passionate champion of diversity, Jami has significantly contributed to female empowerment in the legal industry through her ML Women, an initiative that supports female leadership in business and industry.
Join us for the 2020 Frank and Cheri Hermance Atlas Awards event as we celebrate these two exceptional women and their commitment to the protection and empowerment of women locally and across the globe.
• Members: $250
• One (1) ticket to the reception, program, and dinner
• Platinum Sponsor: $10,000
• Table: Ten (10) tickets for the reception, program, and dinner with premium seating
• Recognition as a Platinum Sponsor on all event materials, including the Council's website
• Full-page tribute ad in the program book
• Gold Sponsor: $5,000
• Half Table: Five (5) tickets for the reception, program, and dinner with preferred seating
• Recognition as a Gold Sponsor on all event materials, including the Council's website
• Half-page tribute ad in the program book
• Silver Sponsor: $1,000
• One (1) tickets for the reception, program, and dinner
• Recognition as a Silver Sponsor on all event materials, including the Council's website
• Recognition in the program book
Call Shantel Anderson at 215-561-4700 ext. 200 for more information or to register over the phone for this event.
For the accommodation of special needs at events (e.g. hearing/vision impairments, dietary restrictions, wheelchair accessibility) please call Hayley Boyle, 215-561-4700 ext. 227 or Kristi Scogna, ext. 235.