2022 United Nations Summer Camp
More information, including links to register will be posted here in the coming weeks!
If you'd like to learn more about this program, view last years virtual program book and program resources page.
If you have any follow-up questions regarding this program, please contact Eric Bumbaca, Director of Student Programs at email@example.com or 215-561-4700 ext. 216
Monday, June 27th - Thursday, June 30th, 2022
The 2022 United Nations Summer Camp: Sustainable Development Goals in Action, is a weeklong virtual summer camp for middle school students interested in learning about global affairs through the work of the United Nations. The program will give student participants an opportunity to participate in interactive expert briefings, games, and activities, while honing key skills and collaborating with their peers along the way. Participants will step into the shoes of diplomats as they work together to study the Sustainable Development Goals, learn public speaking tips and strategies, and make new friends while having fun. The Council’s virtual United Nations Summer Camp will provide students with a mix of live and asynchronous instruction and will end with an action-oriented final program day, guaranteed to empower students with the tools necessary to be agents of change in their schools and local communities. This program welcomes all students in grades 6-8, regardless of their familiarity with the United Nations or Model United Nations.
Throughout the week-long virtual summer program, students will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the mission, structure, and function of the United Nations from our trained Model UN facilitators and expert lecturers
- Understand the role of diplomacy and deliberation in international affairs;
- Hone key Jr. Model UN skills like conflict resolution, problem solving and cross-cultural communication by participating in public speaking activities;
- Engage in team-building activities and practice digital literacy through self-paced, asynchronous learning resources; and
- Explore real-life solutions to local and international issues related to the UN's Sustainable Development Goals.
Several days before the start of the program, registered students will receive access to a specially designed website that includes all the resources, materials, and links needed for the program. Students will convene via Zoom and will need access to a computer, reliable internet, and access to Google docs.