2020 Academic WorldQuest Trivia Competition
Registration for the 2020 Academic WorldQuest Trivia Competition is now open!
About the Event
Academic WorldQuest is an international affairs and current events trivia-style academic competition. Students compete in teams of four to determine who has the best understanding of global affairs.
- U.S.-Russia Relations
- Country in Focus: South Korea
- Preventing Extremism in Fragile States
- Oceans: The World's Garbage Dump
- Great Decisions
- Refugees and Global Migration
- The Middle East: Regional Disorder
- Nuclear Negotiations: Back to the Future?
- The Rise of Populism in Europe
- Decoding U.S.-China Trade
- Cyber Conflict and Geopolitics
- The United States and Mexico: Partnership Tested
- State of the State Department and Diplomacy
- Brexit and the EU
- China's Belt & Road Initiative
- Germany: 30 Years After the Fall of the Berlin Wall
- Qatar and the Future of the Gulf Cooperation Council
- Current Events
Council members, students, corporate executives, young professionals, friends, and family competed in this challenging quiz game, with teams of four will competing for prizes…. and, of course, bragging rights! The first place high school team will represent the Philadelphia Council at the national competition on April 24 and 25, 2020 in Washington, D.C.
Most importantly, proceeds from this competition support the Council’s education programs which serve 2,800 students in 89 schools and help to stimulate the development of creative thinking, problem-solving, teambuilding and similar leadership skills that constitute the currency of a knowledge economy.
Who Can Compete
Academic WorldQuest is a team competition open to both high school students and individual and corporate Council members. Teams can only consist of four participants. The Council will form teams with four individual participants whenever possible. The first place high school team (four team members) will qualify to move on to the national competition. In order to allow for as many schools as possible to participate, only two teams per school are permitted to enter the competition.
Please reach out to Kristin Hutchinson, Director of Student Programs at email@example.com or 215 - 561 - 4700 ext. 228
Eric Bumbaca, Associate Director of Student Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-561-4700 ext. 216